Auto Accident Injury
If you've been in an auto accident, you shouldn't just be worried about the damage to your vehicle. Car accidents frequently result in injuries, even when the accidents are fairly minor. Without the proper treatment, these injuries could result in lasting damage. Visit Chiropractic Works North in Westminster so that your injuries can be diagnosed and treated by a chiropractor.
Symptoms of a Car Accident Injury
Some injuries, like broken bones, are hard to miss, but it's not unusual for an auto accident to leave a person with injuries that are far less obvious. If you've been injured, you may notice certain symptoms after your accident, such as:
- Pain: It's common to experience pain after a collision. From sore muscles to stabbing pain to aches and pains, these painful symptoms are your body's way of telling you that you're injured.
- Swelling: After you've been hurt, your body sends white blood cells to the area that's injured to stimulate healing. The extra fluid from these blood cells can cause swelling and inflammation.
- Headaches: Headaches have many causes, but it's not unusual to experience chronic headaches after a car accident. Headaches could be caused by stiff muscles or a neck injury.
- Difficulty moving: Joint restrictions, muscle stiffness, and other conditions that limit your mobility may occur after an accident. In some cases, you may find it painful to move certain parts of your body.
- Numbness or tingling: During an accident, your joints and spinal discs can slip out of alignment, putting pressure on your nerves. This can cause nerve pain and other symptoms, like numbness and tingling.
Treating an Auto Accident Injury with Chiropractic Care
Recovering after an accident can be a long and difficult process. It's not unusual for people to have multiple injuries and a range of symptoms. Chiropractic care can treat all your injuries and improve your body's ability to heal itself. Since it focuses on the entire body, it's an excellent way to treat accident injuries.
During your first appointment with a chiropractor, you will be asked to describe the accident and your symptoms. The chiropractor can examine you closely and diagnose your injuries. After we have learned more about your injuries, we can put together a personalized plan for treatment.
Chiropractors usually use a range of treatments to ease pain, reduce stiffness, and speed up healing after accidents. These treatments often include chiropractic adjustments and soft tissue therapy. Your chiropractor may also show you healing stretches and exercises that you can do at home.
Visit Our Chiropractors in Westminster, CO
If you have a car accident injury, don't wait to start treatment. Chiropractic Works North can help you manage your pain and recover. Call our team today at (765) 838-3489 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.